Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Drop It Like It's Hot!










Today is day 246 of Felicia's gestation. Yesterday, I started to feel like crap--heavy, lots of pressure in my pelvic area, some crampiness as well. Could it be...I hardly dared think the thought! Felicia coming 3 weeks early?? But no such luck. After laying down most of the evening last night, my icky feeling subsided and I was pretty much back to my normal pregnant today. I am attributing some of yesterday's funk (and the lingering sensation that my uterus could fall out of me at any minute!) to what is known as "lightening." Lightening, a horrible misnomer in my opinion, is the term used to describe when a baby settles firmly into her mommy's pelvis in preparation for birth. This settling makes a smidgen more room between your boobs and your tummy allowing for deeper breathing, but smooshes your bladder and every other organ south of your belly button into flesh pancakes. Yuk. The good news is, I only have 20 more days to enjoy this "Unbearable Lightness of Being" the size of a teenage cow. That is, unless, Dear Sweet Felicia is late...and that'll be a whole other story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the belly pics!! You look great!

I think these last weeks of pregnancy make you welcome labor. :)