Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28th

Sometimes I feel guilty for letting this blog sit for so long untouched, festering away, taking up space on the great Blogger cloud in the sky.  But, taking up space is what I am good at right now.  My blog is representing me well.

Week 38-39 of this pregnancy has been my least favorite.  I don't want to go into all of the details, but I will say that the discomfort that can come from thrombosed veins in ones most delicate of body parts is no laughing matter.  I know that childbirth is not for the faint of heart, but this situation has really tested me.

After taking the week off of work at my doctor's suggestion, I am feeling a lot better.  Shawn and my Madre have been taking good care of me and I have been able to stay off of my feet which has really improved my condition.  I go in for my 39 week appointment tomorrow and I will get to hear what my doctor is thinking.  I am hopeful that this will not affect my plans for delivery, but am definitely open to all options at this point.  This blood clotting business is something I am taking seriously.  Safe and healthy, that's my mantra.

I am still enjoying pregnancy despite it's unfortunate side effects.  My belly is super round and  this baby is taking up every square inch of it.  I love feeling the rolls and stretches even though they can be a bit much from time to time.  The injections that I give myself in the stomach do pose a bit of a challenge now, particularly if it is an active time of day or night for the baby.  Those kicks can easily knock my steady hand off balance while I am doing the injection.

The baby's gender has been easy to put on the back burner, but I am really starting to wonder about it now.  I am curious mostly for Violet.  Is she going to have a sister--something I've never experienced?  Or will she get a brother of her very own?  That we will know the answer in a matter of days is surreal.  These 39 weeks have simply been a blur. 


With so many unknowns for us in the coming weeks, I find myself revisiting the same daydream for comfort.  It is Thanksgiving morning.  Shawn, Violet, Baby and me pack up for the 1 mile drive to my Mom's where we will spend the day.  Thanksgiving is a relaxing day made up of parades, newborn snuggles, stuffing, football, nursing, laughing with my brothers and sisters-in-law, a glass of red wine, baby passing, pumpkin pie, more nursing, coffee, hugs from my mom, Violet on my lap, and all the things that make the unknowns so, so, worth it.

No comments: